Initially, this role is going to be primarily focused on product optimization and packaging (“take what we have and make it better”) with the central theme of simplified and streamlined end-user experience in the name of wider audience appeal and better market adoption. The challenges are both immediate and strategic- with lots to absorb, learn, and re-imagine.
The ideal candidate will be passionate with strong expertise in industry operations, trends and metrics, detail oriented, delivery focused, process driven, and willing to “get their hands dirty – feature level product management. They should be ambitious, entrepreneurial, self motivating, with a strong and credible technical background, and be comfortable working under pressure and in close partnership with senior management. This position reports directly to the CTO.
- Define and prioritize typical use case scenarios based on guidance for the Client Services team and direct client feedback.
- Translate use case scenarios into intuitive and practical workflows
- Express workflows into functional design validated and optimized against both existing functionality and technical/content realities
- Work with technical, editorial, and other teams to define final visual implementations via UI-wireframes, samples, datasets, app mock-ups, etc
- Produce detailed product specifications for the Engineering and Editorial team to work with including time and budget projections agreed to beforehand with the team
- Develop and maintain pricing strategies and structures and monitor how these compare with alternate solutions as appropriate
- Explore various product packaging options and validate these options against market realities
- Work with conflicting priorities, find acceptable compromise solutions, and obtain buy-in from key stockholders
- Understand the overall markets in which the company operates, by spending time with customers, colleagues and partner, distil this information in relation to the business goals of Social Standards
- Perform research and analysis of competitors and develop and maintain competitor analysis briefings
- Develop comprehensive Go To Market strategies for each market, taking into consideration the GTM Plans of the customer segments. These will include layered messaging and other market collateral
- Work with the CRO to gather client feedback in order to validate company roadmap
- Provide ongoing visibility of roadmap/GTM plans to trusted customers and partners to ensure buy in and ownership
- Using client feedback, build comprehensive business cases to justify the investment in the product and new business solutions
- Working closely with Chief Technical Officer, coordinate and lead product roadmap meetings with the management team
- Work closely with the Revenue Team to help define and support campaigns, including targeting specific groups of customers with particular messaging
- Analyzing business performance, such as win/loss analysis, market sizing and continual pricing analysis
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience as a “Product Manager” or “Product Director”
- Excellent understanding of data analytics and data platforms, especially interactivity and visualization
- Technical background: need to know how to make estimates and evaluate trade-offs/compromises in timing development projects
- Proven experience across key product management principles from inception to launch.
- Proven experience of delivering across the entire product development lifecycle.
- Experience working with iterative development methodologies – Agile, Scrum
- Proven record of launching successful “complex and intimidating” B2B data analytics
- An eye for that spark of detail that can delight a customer in elegant, intuitive interfaces
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision & dental benefits w/ generous employer contribution
- 401K w/ matching
- Flexible vacation/PTO policy
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefits Program (*coming soon)
- Exciting start up environment, employer provided snack/bev, regular employer sponsored social activities, family friendly live/work balance, dog friendly office, work from home options