Location: Oakland, CA
Social Standards is currently seeking a, highly motivated, internet-savvy intern who can work part-time starting immediately or full-time for 12-16 weeks during Summer 2019. This graphic design internship will allow you the freedom to experience impactful business projects that allow you to develop your talents. The ideal candidate is self-directed, has a strong portfolio, and is motivated to continually iterate on the best possible design solution.
- Support the marketing team with various digital design-related projects; including graphics for the website, social media, reports, and presentations.
- Create visual content for our content marketing to effectively tell stories that attract, engage and ultimately convert audiences via our blog. This visual content could include illustrations of both simple and complex ideas, graphs, infographics, and interactive graphics.
- Present multiple solutions per project in accordance with the overall brand guidelines.
- Maintain absolute accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process.
- Produce, optimize and output final digital and digital artwork, ensuring all creative material is optimized and provided in correct format for publication.
- Setup templates to optimize creation of new materials.
- Maintain template & visual asset libraries to be used across all Social Standards branding and marketing efforts.
- Currently a student or recent graduate with a degree in graphic design or relevant field.
- An intuition for good designs and familiarity with best practices for B2B digital marketing materials.
- Able to work quickly and calmly under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Responds well to critique and is able to change design direction suddenly if needed.
- Works well independently and as well as a part of a team.
This position requires knowledge of working with various design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), PowerPoint, etc.
You should also have a public portfolio to show your amazing graphic design skills.
The position is open to students or recent graduates who are willing to work part-time starting immediately or full-time for 12-16 weeks during this summer out of our Oakland, CA office.