Location: Oakland, CA
Social Standards is currently seeking a highly motivated & internet-savvy marketing graphic design intern who can work full-time for 12-16 weeks. This graphic design internship will allow you the freedom to experience impactful business projects that allow you to develop your talents. The ideal candidate is self-directed, has a strong portfolio, experience working with on marketing projects and is motivated to continually iterate on the best possible design solution.
- Support the marketing team with various digital design-related projects; including graphics for the website, social media, reports, and presentations.
- Create visual content for our content marketing to effectively tell stories that attract, engage and ultimately convert audiences. This visual content could include illustrations of both simple and complex ideas, infographics, data visualization and interactive graphics.
- Present multiple solutions per project in accordance with the overall brand guidelines.
- Maintain absolute accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process.
- Produce, optimize and output final digital and digital artwork, ensuring all creative material is optimized and provided in correct format for publication.
- Setup templates to optimize creation of new materials.
- Maintain template & visual asset libraries to be used across all Social Standards branding and marketing efforts.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- An intuition for good designs and familiarity with best practices for B2B digital marketing materials.
- Able to work quickly and calmly under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Responds well to critique and is able to change design direction suddenly if needed.
- Works well independently and as well as a part of a team.
- Data visualization skills a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree or above
This position requires knowledge of working with various design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), PowerPoint, etc.
You should also have a public portfolio to show your amazing graphic design skills.
The position is required to work out of our Oakland, CA office on a full-time basis and there is an opportunity for full-time hire after completion of internship.